Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:14:11 -0800
From:         Craig Oda <craigoda@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 85 Vanagon GL Stalls when Warm
Comments: To: "Ward, Jeremy" <jeremy.ward@intel.com>

go under the van, take off the fuel filter and see if there is water in it. Drain it if there is. Might need to replace the filter if you think it's dirty. It's pretty cheap. If there is a lot of gunk in it, ask around and see if you need to drain your fuel tank.

If you run the van for 45 min at low speeds around town, does it give you the same problems? Or, is the problem totally not temp-related?

-- Craig

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:02:37 -0800, Ward, Jeremy <jeremy.ward@intel.com> wrote: > I have an 85 Westy GL that runs like a champ around town. But when I > run it for 45 min at highway speed it starts to miss suddenly. Then it > only fires on 3, sometime 2 cylinders and it'll kind of choke and cough > and only rev to 2000 RPM and then stall. If I try to restart > immediately it'll cough and hit on 2 or 3 and die again. If I wait 30 > seconds it'll start right up and drive like nothing happened. Sometimes > then it'll go for another 45 min, sometime 5min. I think the obvious > suspect is the fuel injection system. Where would you start? > > This is a topic that I see has been discussed in the archives so please > forgive my ignorance. I can't figure out what course of action to > implement first from the many suggestions in the archive. > > Humble Newby- j >