Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:44:18 -0500
From:         Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      2 syncros and a wolfsburg for sale in NJ

I currently have two 86 GL syncro Vanagons for sale here in Millville, NJ 08332 (mapblast).

One is silver with a blue interior. Has the rear seat/bed. Has A/C (not working at the moment) power steering, and power mirrors. Runs really well. 5 speed trans with granny gear. The clock says around 180k miles. I don't have a full history on the engine but it runs well and has good power. No leaks that I can find. It has a small vibration at around 45 mph. I rebuilt the driveshaft with new universal joints but it still does it. Not really that noticable. Has some minor rust and a couple of small dings. I would like $3500 for it.

The second one is Titan red with a tan interior. Has rear seat/bed but no middle seat (table instead). Same as the other one A/C but currently not working, power steering, power mirrors. 5 speed trans with granny gear. The engine is a brand new rebuild that I did using new pistons and cylinders and all new bearings, oil pump, etc. It also has a new clutch and a new water pump. Many new hoses. It has some rust but no rot. I would like $5000 for this one since it has a fresh engine (zero miles at this point).

I also have a very nice 88 Wolfsburg Vanagon for sale. Around 100k miles. Automatic transmission, full Wolfsburg interior (rear seat/bed and two rear facing seats with a table that comes out of the wall). It is silver with a grey interior. Power mirrors, power windows, power door locks, cruise control, etc. Everything is there and works very well and the van looks great on the inside and out. It did have some damage to the sliding door (banged up) but I knocked the dent out and I am currently getting the fiberglas panels fixed so that it will look sweet. It has a new alternator, new water pump, new power window regulator on the pass side, new catalytic convertor, new muffler, new oxygen sensor, new tune up items, new front wheel bearings. It has no water leaks, but it does have a small oil leak between the engine and trans. Very minor. Just enough for a hanging drop after you park. I have driven this van from Georgia to NJ and it ran excellent the entire trip. I can't find any rust on this van (it was from Georgia). I have records from the previous owners and myself. The van rides very smooth and tight. I had it up on a lift and all of the suspension parts are in good shape. I put new tires on it when I was in Georgia back in September but they are not reinforced (I needed to get back and I couldn't wait for tires). I would like $4500 for it.

If you are interested in any of these please email me and I'll be glad to send you any pictures you request. I am trying to reduce my Vanagon/other VW herd which is currently at 11! Could someone please forward this to the syncro list for me?

Thanks, Ken Wilford John 3:16