Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:57:50 -0500
From:         Greg Potts <Greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>
Subject:      TCWBC Shirts and the Winter Bus Haiku Contest
Comments: To: Type2 <type2@type2.com>
Comments: cc: The Bug Pack Pack <The_Bug_Pack@yahoogroups.com>,
          Ohiovalleytribe@yahoogroups.com

Hi Volks,

As it says in the subject line, there are two related topics in this post...

Topic #1 - EVENT SHIRTS:

Suburban Design Corp has released the designs for the official 2005 TCWBC fashion lineup, and I'm pleased to be able to offer them to you for order. The design is here:

http://www.pottsfamily.ca/The_Bug_Pack/TCWBC/TCWBC.gif

The 2005 design will be printed on a quality $12CDN gray T-shirt or on a quality heavy fleece gray "Hoodie" sweatshirt for $30CDN . (Add an extra dollar for an XXL T or two bucks extra for a XXL hoodie). Shirts will be delivered at the event or can be mailed at extra cost. If you wish to order a shirt, email Adam at suburban@busesofthecorn.com, and be sure to get your order in before February 7th.

Topic #2 - HAIKU CONTEST:

Suburban Design Corps and the TCWBC are teaming up to offer an official TCWBC hoodie sweatshirt to the author of the best Winter Bus Camping haiku submitted before February 7th.

Remember the haiku? It's a japanese form of poetry consisting of three lines having 5, 7 and 5 syllables respectively. Eligible TCWBC Haiku must also include inferences to buses and winter (or cold places).

Send your Haiku to Greg@pottsfamily.ca, along with your shirt size and address info if you're not attending the event. Share it with the mailing list if you want to, but be sure to obey list policies about post content where applicable. I'll post my favorites on a weekly basis, and I'll have a panel of local bus-fanatics pick the winner.

The contest winner will be announced on February 11th. This contest is open to all members of the lists I post it to, but we reserve the right to share costs on mailing to an overseas winner should the situation arise.

Here's a sample haiku Adam wrote last year during his preparations for EveryBus: Frosted bare knuckles Heart races beyond my hands Nine more sleeps to go.

For more haiku info, please visit http://www.toyomasu.com/haiku/

Happy trails,

Greg Potts Toronto, Ontario, Canada

1973/74/79 Westfakia Conversion **Bob the Tomato** LY3H 1977 Sunroof Automatic L63H/L90D http://www.pottsfamily.ca/westfakia http://www.busesofthecorn.com