Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:43:10 -0800
From:         Daryl Christensen <aatransaxle@DIRECWAY.COM>
Subject:      shipping a Vanagon tow hitch-a saga

As you know, I ship transmissions...100 to 140 Lbs...Boxed in heavy cardboard and bubble wrapped to keep weight down and still protect... Went to UPS (my regular center) and put the box with the syncro tranny and some oil in it on the scale...Said overweight... I expected 145 lbs or so...well under the 150 max.. Crap I says outloud... The mgr came over & said...sorry...make it weigh less..I opened it up and took out a 12" square piece of cardboard and the scale said 147 lbs...Hmmmmm How can a 8 oz piece of cardboard weigh 4 lbs...go figure. On the other hand they have put a package thru on 3 day for me and charged normal ground in an emergency...Got figure Fed Ex is cheaper to Canada by far for the recipients... Daryl of AA Transaxle Duvall, WA. (Seattle area) 1-877-377-0773 toll free 425-788-4070 aatransaxle.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "No Name Available" <Trvlr2001@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 7:15 AM Subject: Re: Shipping a Vanagon tow hitch - a saga