Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Feb 2005 23:07:58 -0500
From:         John Runberg <jrunberg@MAC.COM>
Subject:      stuff

Congrats to C on the thesis. So where do things go from here? Are you a SoCal short timer now, or do you have time for a few more months (year?) of quality surf before heading into the sunrise?

Alas, there will be no movement for us for awhile, although a trip is planned for Santa Cruz later in the year. Maybe the fall. Yeah.

Had to think about you guys today -- VB tax increases were in the paper and they are not happy. Average estimated increase is a frickin' 22%! A lot of this is assesment coming up to speed with sales, but jeeze. The taxes are too much pretty well everywhere. Not fun.

In Vanagon-land, there's still something leaking on the westy. Brought it in since coolant loss was happening and while they fixed that (leaking main pipe. Free.) they found a leak in the fuel return line. Leak is in the same spot so if it doesn't rain this weekend I'll be under there playing "guess the fluid". This is in preparation for a road trip up to Asheville to visit the Arts and Crafts show at the Grove Park Inn. Dirty hippies go to an antiques show. Story at 11.

The new (old) awning goes on the van this weekend after clamp-on mounting hardware was found and the old bolt-on hardware was hacksawed off. I *think* everything works OK, but have never really tested it. Can't complain for the price of dinner and a movie, now can I. Got to coat things in liquid plastic tonight -- we'll see how things work out.

Has the rain subsided yet? Are new houses sprouting up where the last ones slid away? CA is a crazy, crazy place.

john