Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Feb 2005 14:57:02 -0800
From:         Dylan Kahler <dylan.kahler@INTERNATIONALISTMAG.COM>
Subject:      Re: What I'd like to see in a Vanagon...

speaking of gas tank sizes...

the standard vanagon gas tank is 15.9 gal...is this true for all years? in the owner's manual, it notes that when the needle reaches red line there is a reserve of about 2.6 gal. left in tank. i've run my van to what seemed to be nothing but fumes in the tank (way past red line), and still it only took ~12 gallons to fill up.

does this have something to do with the reserve tanks? (how do these tanks operate anyway?)

or could it be my fuel gauge is just inaccurate?

walking hours for gas is a painful reminder that it's a great idea to keep a full gas can attached to your van in case of emergency!

dylan k. '85 westy (going bra-less for winter)

dylan.kahler@internationalistmag.com 253.820.3342

www.internationalistmag.com