Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Feb 2005 19:10:02 EST
From:         No Name Available <Trvlr2001@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: What I'd like to see in a Vanagon...

In a message dated 2/4/2005 3:02:41 PM Pacific Standard Time, dylan.kahler@INTERNATIONALISTMAG.COM writes: speaking of gas tank sizes... Yes Folks, bigger IS better !!!! :o)

the standard vanagon gas tank is 15.9 gal...is this true for all years? in the owner's manual, it notes that when the needle reaches red line there is a reserve of about 2.6 gal. left in tank. i've run my van to what seemed to be nothing but fumes in the tank (way past red line), and still it only took ~12 gallons to fill up. 12 gallons? All I know is that now costs $29.00 to fill em up !!!???

does this have something to do with the reserve tanks? (how do these tanks operate anyway?)

or could it be my fuel gauge is just inaccurate?

walking hours for gas is a painful reminder that it's a great idea to keep a full gas can attached to your van in case of emergency! That's what Tom & I just figured out... If you carry a full gas can... You'll never forget & run out !!! :o)

dylan k. '85 westy (going bra-less for winter) OOOOOHHHH!!!! High beams :o) JC...

In a message dated 2/4/2005 1:04:41 PM Pacific Standard Time, bueses@earthlink.net writes: Hey John,

You are a man after my own heart-always trying to see how far I can go w/o filling up. Haven't run out in a couple of weeks when I did on 7th east & coasted into Pep Boys, bought ANOTHER 2.5 gal gas can, walked to the Tesoro, filled up & walked to the Westy, filled up & drove off-only wasted 30 minutes. Had tried the day before to gas up at Costco only to find my debit card expired & it wouldn't take my MC, only Am. Ex. WTF? I do try to carry a gas can on the roof, but when I do, I never run out!!!

Tom Buese Hi Tom, Yeah, thought about it on my way to work, seen I had enough to get to Layton, Then spaced it out after work. Could have been a lot worse ! :o) But, So that's how to do it? I'm going to buy one of those emergency box's of gas. Then I'll never have to worry about it again ??? :o) Thanks for the idea ! John C...