Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 5 Feb 2005 17:24:41 -0800
From:         jbange <hfinn@INGRATES.NET>
Subject:      Re: ADVENTUREWAGEN molds - further update

>Here's the other thing.... I was under the assumption that these >were molds for VANAGON high tops, but the owner of the glass shop >(who made the parts for AW) said that these molds are for LOAF >('68-'79) AW tops. ?? I will call Ed again on monday and ask him >which molds these are. Can anybody tell from looking at the photos >of the molds which tops they are for?

For what it's worth, I have NEVER seen a loaf Adventurewagen top, in pictures or in person, that had a flat front edge along the top of the window (bay roofs are curved, less flat) or a reverse-angled rear vent like the Vanagon one. Just from a cursory search via google images for "adventurewagen" brings up loafs with the recessed luggage space in the fiberglass top, and Vanagons with characteristics above. Judging from the pictures, I'd say the middle mold with the red interior is indeed the Vanagon Adventurewagen outside mold. Can't say for sure what the others are, but it looks like the upside down one with the wheels might be the Vanagon inside? Anyway, none of them look like bay bus top molds to me. I'm thinking the guy didn't know of what he spoke. <baywondowbus.com> has a pretty good selection of old bus brochures, and none of the Adventurewagens illustrated there look anything like the Vanagon Adventurewagen.

John Bange '90 Vanagon "Geldsauger"