Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:54:09 -0500
From:         Doug Alcock <doug.alcock@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Good pics of Poptop seal?
Comments: To: The Bus Depot <vanagon@busdepot.com>

Dunno Ron --- the one you sold me was a glue-on, at the time you said that sometimes you shipped one or the other depending on availability. Perhaps this is no longer the case.

Cheers, Doug

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 19:16:31 -0500, The Bus Depot <vanagon@busdepot.com> wrote: > > Does anyone have any good pics of the BusDepot.com poptop > > seal, especially the flat part over the front edge of the > > poptop? Or any other supplier's poptop seal that includes > > the flat piece? (hey Ron, why no pic of your "westyrubber" part?) > > I will need one soon, and would like to do a little better > > than the last one I got, which did not include this piece. > > > Shawn, I do not have any pics but have used and installed > > the seal in question from the Bus Depot many times. It is by > > far much better than original and way better than any other > > supplier has. As far as I know there is no better seal available. > > > Thanks for the positive review, Frank! My seal is different from all of the > other poptop seals available - closer to the original, both cosmetically and > functionally, and the only one to use a front flat seal that does not > require you to glue it to the poptop. As for why no picture, I just haven't > had the time to take one. It's one of those things I just keep meaning to > do. If anyone were so inclined as to email me a pic of my seal on their > Vanagon, and didn't mind my using it on my site, I'd be much obliged. > Otherwise, I'll just have to finally get around to doing it myself ... > sometime when it isn't 3 degrees outside!!! > > - Ron Salmon > The Bus Depot, Inc. > www.busdepot.com > (215) 234-VWVW > > _____________________________________________ > Toll-Free for Orders by PART # : 1-866-BUS-DEPOT >