Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 Feb 2005 10:39:40 -0800
From:         Steve <laurasdog@WEIRDSTUFFWEMAKE.COM>
Subject:      Re: JFF - re: Save the Adventurewagen Molds!

At 07:53 AM 2/6/2005, JordanVw@AOL.COM wrote: >joe...since youre the moderator for the Adventurewagen list...dont you think >its fair to organize some sort of collection on the AW list for fellow AW >owners to help cover the costs of that listmember in cali to help out >with his >costs of moving/storing the molds? that only seems fair...i would think >so.. >he doesnt even own a AW... he is doing this out of his own pocket.. i dont >own a AW either.. but i think the AW owners should help this guy >out... not to >put you on the spot...but here you have someone who is offereing to help...i >think he should be rewarded... > >like i said before.. AW people..where's the love? >just my 2¢ >chris ----------------------------------

It's OK Chris, Joe and a few others have already offered up some $$ to help with the cause.

Here's what I'd like to do....

If folks would like to chip in a few dollars to the cause, the easiest way is via PayPal. You can send money to:

eats@weirdstuffwemake.com Please make sure to say it's for the AW molds.

I don't have a "premier" account, so I can't accept credit card payments.

If you would like to send funds via snail mail, please email me and I will send you my address.

The money will be used to cover my out of pocket expenses which will include truck rental, gas, and probably lunch and a couple beers for a helper to load and unload.

If there's money left over then I will set it aside until we can decide who gets the molds next. Once it's decided where the molds are going, then I will either use that money towards shipping to the new location and/or turn it over to the new "owner" to be used for restoration of the molds.

I've had a couple list members who seem very interested in having them and seem sincere about trying to put them to use again.

I've also been contacted by Ralph with Glass Action, and Ralph has expressed an interest in them. http://www.glass-action.com/

I really don't want to be the one who decides the fate of these, so once they are safe here, we will need to have a pow-wow about what to do next. I would like it to be a "group action" either by vote or some other diplomatic way of deciding what's in the "best interest" for the molds.

I'd rather like for the folks who want them to put their plea in to the group and once all the cards are on the table the group can decide what to do next.

I will go get the molds next week, possibly on wednesday. Any list members in the area that want to meet in Santa Rosa CA and help load and unload ?

Oh yeah, and when production starts up on AW high tops again, and I decide I need one, I hope that I'll be remembered and someone will lay up a real nice one for me and maybe give me the "good guy" discount and knock a couple bucks off the price... :-)

Thanks all, Steve