Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Feb 2005 23:16:57 -0500
From:         Mike Collum <collum@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Removing watercooled cyl heads, engine in car
Comments: To: jbclem1 <jbclem1@CHARTER.NET>

The cylinders have "ears" near the head. I have successfully used an open end wrench as a fulcrum to pry them apart.

Make sure that neither piston on that side is at its lowest point of travel so that a small amount of movement of the cylinder won't cause the rings to pop out the bottom of the cylinder.

Mike '84 GL 7 pass '85 GL Westy