Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Feb 2005 09:09:53 -0800
From:         Ed Wiebe <wiebeis@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Posting message stripped. Fixed?

My posting problem appears to be fixed. Thanks Tim, Mike and others for your advice and input. Since "Gerry" strips attachments, if your email is set to HTML instead of text the message gets stripped.

I'm a "newbie" but I have been lurking for so long that I feel I know a lot of you regulars. First, I want to say a big "Thank you" for the great advise and information on this list. I have owned my 1990 Westie for almost two years. It had over 300,000 km on the odometer and that of course means a fairly long list of issues. I will go into detail about these in future emails under appropriate Headings. The designers of the Vans must have had a great time, or they worked at it while enjoying a brewskie in their beerhalls. Examples: Putting the brakes master cylinder in the middle of the instrument cluster so you drip brake fluid on your panel, and if there is a leak it will be noticeable very quickly since it will drip on your feet. Or, placing the Idle Control Unit behind the rear tail light assembly which means you have to remove the tail light assembly to get to it. Anyway, a few observations about the list: 1) Many emails have no Headings or Headings that do not give a good indication of the topic. A lot of good information is lost in the archives this way. 2) Listees sometimes give no clue as to where they are or what model and year of vehicle they are talking about in their email. My .02 worth (Canadian) Of course I will try to follow my suggestions. I live on Vancouver Island, Canada. I'm recently retired and doing a lot of work on my Westie in preparation of getting good use of it.

Ed Wiebe wiebeis@shaw.ca

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.8.6 - Release Date: 2/7/2005