Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Feb 2005 14:26:17 -0500
From:         Jonathan Farrugia <jfarrugi@UMICH.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Re Sprinter Camper
Comments: To: Sharon Mendonca <bobonsharo@SBCGLOBAL.NET>

i don't think i would ever purchase a sprinter camper i'm so picky that i would probably have to build my own. that said i would like to make a few points. the sprinter is a 5 cylinder turbo diesel as far as i know so if you are going to compare it to full size motorhomes you would need to compare it to a diesel. also i bet if you equalized dollar value between what a full westy sold for in 1991 and also considered that this conversion has much more in it and is bigger i think the price wouldn't be such of a shock.

i doubt many of the people on this list bought their westies new. sprinter/dodge is selling a lot of these vehicles. so i foresee them staying on the market for a while. that means as they age they might very well become affordable replacement options for vanagons if vw doesn't step up to the plate. i know here in the detroit area that when fedex dumped their last load of ford econolines that they were very affordable. they run sprinters now :).

jonathan