Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:40:32 -0700
From:         jimt <camper@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>
Subject:      Re: What would you do?

On 2/10/05 8:51 AM, "Chuck Reisinger" <chuckphoto@EARTHLINK.NET> wrote:

> Would you purchase from an individual that: > > Does not accept Pay-pal, credit cards, or personal checks....doesn't have an > established web site....won't give you his mailing address while on the phone > talking about the items your purchasing...insists that you send him an email > giving your personal info and a summary of what you're buying....then he says > "I'll acknowledge buy sending you an email back with my address"... and...will > only accepts money orders..... > > I'm in business....I haven't purchased a money order in over 20+ > years....can't even remember when I last received one as payment.... > > Are there issues here that I should watch out for.... > > Cheers > Chuck > > I found the hassles of money order to not be worth it. I went the other route on my sales. Paypal only and Personal checks only from established list members.

With the exception above I do not accept MO or checks and do not mail me a CC number. I have had fake MO and fake checks. When working at the last FLAPS I worked at, even with a check verification service we still took in about a thousand a month in bad checks and even bad cc charges. The new system they use now has a lot less problems though. If your bank is on the system your account is hit immediately for the check or NSF immediately.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• jimt Planned insanity is best. Remember that sanity is optional. http://www.tactical-bus.info (tech info) http://www.westydriver.com