Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Feb 2005 07:52:50 -0800
From:         Steve <laurasdog@WEIRDSTUFFWEMAKE.COM>
Subject:      Re: so who was deemed "Keeper of the AW Molds"???

At 06:50 AM 2/11/2005, you wrote: >I hope someone ends up with them and puts them to use, even if >it's allowing people to lay fiberglass themselves for a "use >fee". > >I think there might be a market amongst passenger Vanagon owners >who wish to convert them to campers without using a pop-top from >a Westy. > > > >===== >Chris S.

Chris and all,

No one has been deemed "keeper" yet...

I've been unable to contact the glass shop owner this week. It turns out that his wife had to have some kind of surgery, and he's not expected back until next week.

There's also been some questions pop up about which molds are which.... There's actually 7 pieces laying around, and the shop owner said 4 of them were VW and the other 3 were Ford. But there's been some question about whether the bottom piece shown in the photos is actually Ford or VW.

There's also rumors afloat that there may be TWO sets of Vanagon molds.

Some folks have sent me photos of the Ford Adventurewagons, and the mold on the bottom of the stack does look more like VW than Ford....l

I guess next week I try and get more info about what's what and try and make sure I get ALL the RIGHT pieces.

Arrgh!! This is getting more complicated all the time.

So that's the current status, and hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Steve