Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 12 Feb 2005 12:24:57 +1100
From:         Ray Hunnam <rayjen@PNC.COM.AU>
Subject:      Re: Money orders to pay for services
Comments: To: Chuck Reisinger <chuckphoto@EARTHLINK.NET>

Boy am I puzzled, with the exception of Ron I have had very little luck purchasing from other list vendors and US suppliers.

Some wont accept an Australian issued VISA Credit Card. I have had purchases cancelled because of this. Others wont accept an Australian Issued Postal Money Order to pay out in American Dollars, These, by the way, are backed up and honoured by the Australian Government. Sometimes it is sure hard to deal with you guys!!!! Dont get me started on UPS and Postal Service rates. I cancelled one transaction recently because the items would cost say 10 US Dollars and they wanted 20 US dollars to send them over. I requested the cheapest method but was told that their delivery service doesnt offer a cheaper alternative. Seems silly doesn't it. I have thought of striking a deal with a US listmember where I send him the money and he purchases and forwards it to me.

Oh by the way! I thought we were free trading partners. No import restrictions or duty on trade between our two countries, yet the postal service wont accept Aussie money orders. Dont!!! repeat, dont !! mention Western Union or the other money transfer options. They charge us a hefty premium for their service it is just too dear to send money this way.

Enough of my raving. Its saturday morning here hence friday your time so I am not in breach of content rules.

Ray Hunnam