Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:32:10 -0700
From:         jimt <camper@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>
Subject:      Re: MO's

On 2/11/05 6:12 PM, "Max Wellhouse" <maxjoyce@IPA.NET> wrote:

> I just got word that a $750 US Postal MO I cashed a month ago at my local > credit union was a forgery and yes, they pulled it out of our account. Was > wondering if I had cashed it at the Post Office, would the same have been > true?. Good news is that they didn't get the goods. Anybody that lives > near Elsberry MO, I've got a large sack of dog exhaust I'd like to you put > on their doorstep. If I was to ship it frozen, maybe it would "ripen" by > the time it got there. > > DM&FS > > At 12:56 PM 2/11/2005, Chuck Reisinger wrote: >> Sooooooooo....are MO's a good way to pay for goods and services....? >> >> Cheers >> Chuck > > That is the danger of money orders. I found that money orders can take several weeks to clear. On one MO I had waited two weeks and was ready to ship and the computer told me the address was not good. Sent an email out for better address and while I was waiting for the return message I got the email from the bank that the MO was a cancelled deposit. The mail hard copy didn¹t get to me for several more days. If you stick a MO in the bank and ship the product is gone and you get stuck for the bounce fees. After a 2nd forged money order and about 50 bucks in fees I no longer accept then at all. Besides customers werent happy when I told them 30 days to clear a MO and 10 business days to clear a check.

Note that echecks can take 3 to 5 business days to clear as well. Wait for the confirmation of clearance before you ship. Paypal always notifies with a warning that an echeck was received but not cleared. Then follows up with a cleared note.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• jimt Planned insanity is best. Remember that sanity is optional. http://www.tactical-bus.info (tech info) http://www.westydriver.com