Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:59:50 -0600
Comments:     RFC822 error: <W> MESSAGE-ID field duplicated. Last occurrence
              was retained.
From:         Jeff Palmer <icecoldvw@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: What would you do? Money Orders and other Tall Tales

Barb you're killing me!! Bad!

I worked in Customer Service for Canada Post for 3 years (a thankless job) and I would hear this every so often. Post Offices refusing Postal Money Orders. Sacrilege!! Incidentally I still use Postal Money Orders to buy goods from people on this list who don't accept Paypal or out of country lists. Postal Money Orders are nice, as they are cheaper than bank money orders and convenient as you can buy them from Canada in Canadian, US or British currency. And Post Offices here have better hours than banks (the one by my house is in a 7-11 and I'm always looking for an excuse to get a Slurpee). They're meant to be cashed at Post Offices, not banks (Barb!!!) as many banks refuse them or in Steve's case are charging a fee. That's the first I heard of that one. With Canadian Postal Money Orders anyway, you can call a 1800 number for instant verification.

The only downside as far as I can tell is that if they go missing, they can't instantly be cancelled or replaced. You still have to wait however many weeks. Unless things have improved in the last few years.

Jeff Reformed Postal Clerk

----- Original Message ----- From: "Barb Cotton" <cottonscrafts@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 12:26 PM Subject: Re: What would you do?