Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 12 Feb 2005 13:53:57 EST
From:         George Goff <THX0001@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: MO's and Whatever

In a message dated 2/11/05 9:11:29 PM, wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET writes:

<< We have ten million immigrants in the US that aren't American Born.

They do not hold the same moral values as most of those that I know who are

native born.

They are simply here for the wealth they might acquire by any means

possible. >>

This is probably true for all of George Dubya's Saudi buddies, but I'm not so sure about your average obrero wading across the Rio Grande at low tide.

When asked how someone so white could sing the blues so well, Johnny Winter said that as an albino growin up in Texass he suffered from the same harsh hand of bigotryas much as any person of color. One of his songs:

Goin' back to Dallas, take my razor and my gun Goin' back to Dallas, man, take my razor and my gun, oh yeah Lots of people lookin' for trouble, man, sure gonna give 'em in some

I believe old Dallas, man, is the meanest town I know I believe that Dallas, man, is the meanest town I know Because you're not safe in Dallas, I don't care where you go

You know that I'm evil, just wanna have some fun There's so much shit in Texas, I'm bound to step in some Goin' back to Dallas, take my razor and my gun If there are people lookin' for trouble, sure gonna give 'em some

I load up my revolver, sharpen up my knife Some redneck messin' with me man, I'm bound to have his life Down to Dallas, take my razor and my gun Man, people there lookin' for trouble, sure gonna give 'em some

I'm not picking on Texass, the piles of shit we step in are all over this great nation. I spent the night of the presidential "election" at a Methodist church, not praying, but helping my son with an Eagle Boy Scout project. At one point during the evening, I went outside to have a smoke. As I stood on the corner, a beater FWD American car came wheezing around the turn. The car sported a brace of tattered flags, one the Stars and Bars of the Confederacy and the other the good old Red, White and Blue. On its side window was the requisite Dale Earnhardt 3 decal and holding together its rusty rear bumper were three, count them, three fresh Bush/Cheney '04 bumper stickers. Strange sight to see in the heart of the Rust Belt, for sure, but fitting for the Weird Times.

Sometimes I think that one reason Laura's Bush got the support he did was that, by way of the Iraqi invasion, he found a means for bigots to publicly display their hatred for people of color and to even stomp them with their pointy boots.

George