Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 12 Feb 2005 20:24:17 -0700
From:         Jonathan Poole <jfpoolio@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Hitch-hikers and karma

If the battery on my cell phone had not gone out then I would have made a post of sorrow and parts request to the list last night. Tonight I will briefly share the news of my change of fortune which just might have been improved by all of the hitch-hikers I have been picking up. Due to what I found to be extremely cold temps I opted to override vws ingenious gas-cap idiot proofing with my alternate set of keys. I left the van running while I refueled the van in hopes that the thick layer of frost on the inside of the windshield might begin to soften. Many hours later I noticed a missing gas cap and realized that I had just lost all of my duplicate keys and my only water tank cap key. That was three days ago. I retraced the 15 mile commute to the ski hill many times and had decided that a snow plow had finished my cap and keys off. It does appear that a snow plow had chucked the cap and keys from the road and for the first time since coming to stay in a ski resort town I am glad that it hadn't snowed in a while because the melting snow bank revealed what I had lost. The items had managed to stay on my roof for 5 or so miles before jumping for their freedom. I celebrated the reunion by having a lot of keys copied this afternoon, I even splurged and got one of those magnetic key holder thingys and a tube of graphite lock cylinder lube.

Maybe I found the keys and cap because I finally scraped enough ice off of the inside of my windshield, but I think that the hitch-hikers had more to do with it..

Jonathan Poole '82 ac westy

oh yeah,, it shure was good knowing that someone on the list would have been able to help me replace that water tank cap and fuel cap..