Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:42:11 -0700
From:         Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Tires, '91 Syncro Camper

I have Michelin LTX M/S 225/70 16 tires on my '87 Westy Syncro, with 20K on them and I, you, and most anyone would never guess that there are that many miles on these tires. They have been used in a lot of different conditions (here in Salt Lake and in Canyonlands and western Colorado). These are good tires. Very stable at speed, in crosswinds, in rain, snow, mud and because it's my daily driver, I do hiway offramps rated at 35-40, at 50-55 like it's on rails. I think the 16's help with this stability, especially the 7 1/2" width of the rims. So, just more grist for the mill.

Bob Stevens