Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 Feb 2005 08:46:06 -0800
Comments:     DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
From:         TJ Hannink <tjhannink@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: running rca cables to a rear-mounted subwoofer
Comments: To: Andy Stalick <andystalick@GMAIL.COM>

I ran a set of RCA control cables and a CD changer cable between the dash radio and the compartment under the drivers seat by routing them underneath the vehicle. It was a lot of work, but worth it.

Also take the time to run a 16-awg wire to extend the remote power-on lead from the head end unit to the amplifier/system power relay. I mounted a terminal strip under the drivers seat with constant 12-V from the aux battery, chassis ground and switched 12-V from the head-end unit via a relay. That way I could add accessories like my TV tuner and LCD monitor behind the drivers seat.

I also ran 3-sets of RCA cables (video, left & right audio) a 14-awg switched power lead, another CD changer control cable and two sets of TV antenna cables between the compartment under the drivers seat to the cabinet in the rear right of my camper. The cables route up the B-pillar above the side windows and into the rear cabinet. I installed another busbar and picked up a constant 12-V and chassis ground off the fuse panel for the air conditioning while terminating the amplifier-switched 12-V on another terminal.

I located my CD-changer, DVD player, VHS player and infrared wireless headphone transmitter in that cabinet. The antennas were mounted on the rear window and the left rear window and one of the video cables connected to a rear-view camera that was mounted on the rear bumper.

Good luck, and you can never have enough cable in a Camper.:>)

Tim

Andy Stalick <andystalick@GMAIL.COM> wrote: I'd like to run cables down inside the dash, and have them come out from behind the plastic panel behind the shifter, but I can't seem to figure out how it comes off.

Any tips on running cables down and out of the dashboard?

TJ Hannink Goldibox - 1987 Vanagon Camper, Wolfsburg Edition 1981 Bluebird Wanderlodge, FC-33 Winter Park, Florida http://home.earthlink.net/~tjhannink/ http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wolfsburg_campers http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wanderlodge FAVOR website: http://home.earthlink.net/~clubvanagon __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com