Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:26:20 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Cell phones
Comments: To: Max Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>

I use AT&T Cellular block time. I buy $100.00 at a time, actually $111.00 with the taxes. I get approximately 600 minutes local or long distance for that $100.00. I think they throw in bonus minutes with higher block purchases. I'm still subject to roaming fees if I dial from an area more distant that 100 miles from base. Sometimes the 600 minutes last 4 months and sometimes 2 months. It's not a bargain. The rate is supposed to be $0.25 minute for local and long distance. I can add time from my computer or by dialing from the cell or payphone.

Stan Wilder Engine Ceramics 214-352-4931 www.engineceramics.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "Max Wellhouse" <maxjoyce@IPA.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 5:14 PM Subject: Re: Cell phones

Verizon's pay as you go plan more or less forces you to add more minutes every so often or they shut you down. Minimum add on is like $25. Still a little cheaper than the mega plans, but they still get you to ante up on a regular basis. The bottom line is you can't sit on 40 minutes for 6 months using the phone for emergencies only.

What a rip. DM&FS

At 02:41 PM 2/15/2005, jimt wrote: >For the heavy travellers but light cell phone users. > >For the last several days I have gone back over my cell phone bills and >found that from first appearances I would be far better off with a pay as >you go plan than my regular cell plan. This is even staying with my current >cell provider. Is there anything else I should be looking at on making a >switch to pay as you go? My travel is primarily in the CO NM AZ UT WY NE KS >regions. With WY NE and KS being extremely spotty cell connects anyway. >Anybody in this region gone to that kind of plan? Pluses and minuses?? > >Going to try for a few months anyway as they promised a free return in 90 >days. > >I was amazed at the negotiation that my cell provider was willing to go into >to keep me on a regular signed up 25 buck a month plan. Extra month free, >more minutes free (I am not using current minutes but give me more) and >more. > >........................................ >jimt >Planned insanity is best. >Remember that sanity is optional. >http://www.tactical-bus.info (tech info) >http://www.westydriver.com

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.8.8 - Release Date: 2/14/2005

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.8.8 - Release Date: 2/14/2005