Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:28:32 -0500
From:         Joe Federici <joefederici@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Sliding door's slider (window)
Comments: cc: Tom Altman <tom@ALTMANVILLE.COM>

The latch on the sliding windows are tightened by a set screw under the latch. You will need to take a flat head from one of those removable head screw drivers (called a 4 or 6 way driver) or some drill bits use them as well. Then insert it from underneath and turn with 1/4 wrench due to clearance. Be careful not to over tighten. I normally use loctite.

If the whole assembly is moving then remove the set screw I just described, a spring will fall out or may need to be wiggled, but it's in there. Then wiggle the cover off and you will find two small screw that hold a plat to the glass these may be loose. Carefully tighten with philips, I use loctite here as well. Often I've found this plate to be worn out and the screws can't tighten properly. You can order a new one from the dealer or any of the on-line parts guys.

good luck