Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 26 Feb 2005 11:11:42 -0800
From:         Shawn Wright <swright@ZUIKO.SLS.BC.CA>
Subject:      Re: Question about pressure bleeder
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@uvic.ca>

Alistair,

I managed a simple setup that works great - used the old cap off my Jetta, which has a level sensor. Pop out the sensor, and you're left with about a 5/8" hole. I found a steel sleeve that fit into the hole, and accepted an air fitting at the other end. (all of this from parts on hand - if I did it again, I'd probably find right size washers and used the threaded brass fitting. Hooked up to a compressor, and gradually increased the regulator from 0 to 15 psi. Cracked the bleeder, and away it went. The cap didn't seal perfectly, but didn't need to since, the compressor has tons of air to deliver at 15psi (if using a 'wet' approach, I'd want a good seal of course). I filled the tank to the brim, which gives enough fluid to fully bleed the clutch, and leave the level at MAX. Thanks for all the help - I now have a working clutch again!! :-)