Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:33:35 -0800
From:         Jeffrey Schwaia <jeff@VANAGONPARTS.COM>
Subject:      Re: SIRIUS or XM?

NASCAR & Howard Stern

Now that's an interesting pairing....

IMO, both of these companies will be successful. Listeners will make their choice based on two factors:

1 - Equipment.

2 - The few differences in programming.

In category #1, XM is way ahead and probably will be until (IF?) Sirius can close the gap on the number of subscribers. Big electronics companies are not going to put a lot of R&D dollars into Sirius development unless the market is there. Face it, guys like the cool toys.

In category #2, it's a little more clear cut: if you want NASCAR or something else exclusive to Sirius, you get Sirius. If you want Baseball, etc., you get XM.

It's a good thing we're not talking about satellite TV, because I could rant all day about the utter incompetence of Dish Network...

Cheers,

Jeff