Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 5 Mar 2005 15:35:00 EST
From:         JordanVw@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: '86 Doublecab on ebay..in PA..  one day left..at $4500 now..
Comments: To: tim@CWO.COM

In a message dated 3/5/05 2:41:55 PM Eastern Standard Time, tim@CWO.COM writes:

> Ask your friend about, "There are two small rust hole on both sides right > beside the seat, as you open the door, it is under the rubber mat.( nothing > to major , I just thought it should be disclosed)". Is the rust in these > areas common with a Double Cab? MD title and the seller is in PA. Looks like > it was driven approx 10K miles a year since it came to the USA. Is that the > stock driver seat? Can you see anything incorrect or amiss with this Double > Cab? I ask you these questions because I don't have a clue other than I > would like to own a DC someday. > > Ps - did you see the Westy in one of the pics? Probably the sellers

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4531693987&rd=1

the seller is a vendor i know from the VW show circuit, he has a small vw shop in waynesboro pa and buys and sells vw's and parts.. mostly older stuff but he's into the buses and vans. he bough it to sell, nothing wrong with that. i do the same. his description is pretty accurate.. the only real rust it has is the flat section at the top of the dogleg fwd and around where the seatbelt bolt is bolted to, under the rubber mat, between the seat and the door. thats flat steel there, an easy fix. weld in a small rectangular patch there and rebolt the seatbelt and your done. that fix requires no finish bodywork/paintwork because it is hidden by the rubber floormat at the top and by the wheelwell undercoating in the wheelwell. this is a $50 repair max. the rest of the truck is solid.. the truck is from MD... so it had a MD title, he may have gotten it transferred into a PA title tho? dunno, youll need to ask him. his phone number is in the add...feel free to call him and ask him anything you want. either way, regardless, its a US title, not a canadian "title" so you dont have to do any customs stuff..all that red tape BS has been done already. as far as the drivers seat, its a recaro seat..that seat is probably worth $200 right there.. this truck is a 6 pass..non walkthru.. has the single drivers seat and the bench front seat.. you can remove the bench front and a single capt chair will slide in there.. alot of Transporter owners upgrade the front seats, just like early westy people. im upgrading the front seats in my truck as well..putting late model captains chairs in..at least the drivers seat..since mine is a 6 pass/non-walkthru like this one.. the stock seats suck. yes that white '83.5 westy in the background belongs to the seller and is for sale too.

once again , the truck isnt mine and i dont have anything to gain from its sale, but i know the seller. chris