Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 Mar 2005 20:19:41 EST
From:         James Benthall <Taobythesea@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: FS: '87 Westy in Sacramento, CA /Introduction
Comments: To: jeff@VANAGONPARTS.COM

In a message dated 3/3/2005 2:22:01 PM Pacific Standard Time, jeff@VANAGONPARTS.COM writes:

http://www.vanagonparts.com/for_sale/87Westy/ Hello all, This a nice van. I wish I would have found something like this when I was interested in purchasing a new Westy. I learned a valuable lesson... save up and buy the van you want and not start a project vehicle! I tried to resurrect a burned out Westy that I found for $600. Interior was in nice shape (not as good as this one though) and everything worked, so I thought what the hey. Nearly $7,000 later, and numerious arguments with the old ball and chain for "throwing away all that money", and I have a nice- running van but its been a hard row to hoe. Now I am just trying to replace things like the pop-top seals, roof/luggage rack seals, etc. Too late to turn back now! I do love to camp in it (slept sooo good on the top bunk!) and I find it a blast to drive. Also, I really like the "Vanagon community" I have met online and find them all helpful and cool. Well, tomorrow I am heading out to a 4 hour road trip to Port Aransas for a family reunion. It will be the longest trip for "the Phoenix" yet ;-) If all goes well I will have found it all worth it...if not, well I prefer not to think of that. James Benthall Houston, Texas 1987 Westy