Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Mar 2005 19:11:44 -0500
From:         "Daniel L. Katz" <katzd54@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: gas prices going up.....more...

john:

surely you jest!

petroleum is produced and consumed as fast as possible. that is the way the world works. wells being capped while oil companies wait years for prices to rise is a myth. dry wells and wells in fields proven too small to be worth building pipelines and other infrastructure (to get the oil out) are examples of vaild reasons wells are capped. an oil company could not attract shareholders if it spent millions drilling a well and then received no return on investment - it would be much wiser just investing the milions in something else - especially given the possibility that a potentially producing well might not produce if left idle for too long. no, the truth is that the price increases are real, while the conspiracy is not.

dan