Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Mar 2005 15:16:11 -0700
From:         jimt <camper@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>
Subject:      Re: Vngns ARE junk! - NOT!!

Though I am a subie runner myself I have assisted on and helped with finals on a few tiico and inline mods as well. The owners of all these vans are extremely happy with their vans now.

As for the interior camper equip. anybody running campers will tell you they are high maintenance. Why do you think there are big parts rooms and maintenance shops attached to all these places. Parts in campers are also continually being updated and upgraded. So I am doing the same with mine.

A 2002 atwood cooktop 3 burner with a high output burner and two regular burners. Even the regular burners are hotter than the old orig westy cooktop. (still in mfr current line started in 2002)

A 2003 bar sink (much deeper for my coffee pot)

Faucet is a spray type that has been on this companies line since 2000 and still made. The type on a hose usually found on the kitchen sink.

Furnace - just finished installing a atwood 8620-III (could be installed vertical or horizantal. Vertical it exhausts right out the old street water connection hole. (never used it)

Water pumps for sinks are high failure items in all small RV systems.

RV fridges are a replace/repair/rebuild in 5 to 10 years item.

If you have a westy with everything still functioning you have beaten the normal lifetime of many of its appliances.

Jimt