Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 Mar 2005 08:53:12 -0800
Comments:     DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
From:         roger sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Now is the time to get your freon-on ebay

Hello,it is snowing here in Maryland today,so naturally my thoughts turned to buying freon.I just did a search for *FREON* on ebay and find that 12 oz. cans are going for about $9.The vanagon needs 4 of these(cheeper by the dozen ya know). FR-12 (freeze 12(nasty stufff)) and 134a cost about $7 a can at flaps.Why switch to these when freon cost is not a factor-unless one waits till summer?Then it cost about $23 a can (4 X23=too much) on ebay.At flaps $32/can year round.One needs a special licence or sign a paper saying purchace is for resale only to buy on ebay.Vendors on ebay actually sell this open book test for licence for $4(last summer). Instant licence over the internet! Personally, I have purchaced about 16 cans over the net on ebay. My first ebay purchace ever was freon,and I got burned. The vendors photograph of the cans(3), showed the cans lying down on their sides(every other auction showed the cans standing up-200auctions).The bottom of one can was hidden from view.One can had been exposed to extreem heat and the bottom had been bowed out about 1 inch,almost exploding. Ebay and squaretrade, ect cant help.It is buyer beware. The seller thought it was ok to sell this to someone and for them to get their hand blown off . This was my bad experience on ebay. All other freon auctions that fully explained the condition of the cans and showed them standing up turned out to be ok. R-12 is the way to go,and now is the time to do it cheap.I like cheap.Good luck, Roger Sisler

--------------------------------- Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday! Yahoo! Netrospective: 100 Moments of the Web