Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 Mar 2005 12:07:43 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: 46mm socket for wheel bearing
Comments: To: jbrush@AROS.NET

#1) You can drive the van to a truck repair shop and have them loosen the nuts then drive home and do your work. After you install bearings and grease drive back and get the nuts torqued. #2) The bearings do not need to be pressed out. #3) While you've got the housings off you might want to drill and thread them for ZERK fittings. #4) Use general purpose grease, Synthetic or Molybdenum grease will turn that needle type bearing into a bushing. #5) That beater for removing the nut can be bought from EMPI dealers but lots of luck and I hope you don't break your arm or launch that thing into orbit.

Stan Wilder Engine Ceramics 214-352-4931 www.engineceramics.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anonymous Digest" <jbrush@AROS.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 11:35 AM Subject: 46mm socket for wheel bearing