Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:15:47 -0500
From:         Jonce Fancher <streetbugs@WHISPLLC.COM>
Subject:      Re: vanagon axle lengths.
Comments: To: Daniel Stevens <dosteven@SYR.EDU>

yeah that is the poop i wanted to know. thanks a bunch. even more then i need to know but now i know. c-ya Jonce

>I was doing some research for my homebuilt baja rear trailing arms.. >here are some axle measurements I made.

>Some Axle lengths >beetle 16 1/4" >T2 bus 18 3/4" >T2 to T1 15 5/8" (for T2 tranny in T1) >T2 W/3" arm 17 1/2" (for T2 tranny in T1) >T2 W/3X3 arm 19 3/4" (for T2 tranny in T1) >vanagon AT 22 3/8" (long axle) >vanagon AT 20 1/2" (short axle) >vanagon MT 21 1/8"

>Dan Stevens

>================================================== >Re: CV Joint Dog Bone Question Years

>i figured they were different i was just wanting someone to tell me by >how much different? that is all. had anyone held a bay axle up to a >vanagon axle just >for grins. i knew the auto vs. manual differences but not the bay vs. >vanagon differences. any idea of difference in length in inches? just >for reference is all. >thanks for your response. Jonce

Jonce Fancher

57 Single Cab 66 Sunroof Bug 66 Variant Squareback 71 Sunroof Bus 75 911S Sunroof 84 Vanagon "Godfried" 85 Vanagon Westi

Fancher's Upholstery Inc. - www.fanchers.com Not-A-VW Club- http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jaransont3/notavwclub/