Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:04:58 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Wilder's Law
Comments: To: jbange <hfinn@INGRATES.NET>

It's almost time for a POLL. I paid $2000.00 for my 83 Westy in 1995. I paid $500.00 for a 66 Westy (rare thing but it ran great). I bought several more Westy for $200.00 and several in the $500.00 range with the full expectorations that I'd be putting engines in them. I also wrecked out several seven passenger standard Vanagon haulers for parts. In every case the engine came back to life after I ran my engine cleaning routine on them and replaced the complete ignition / fuel lines / alternator belts. Several required at least one new cylinder head before they sold but I'm OK with that. I bought and swapped lots of parts from list members / list vendors and local wrecking yards. I made money on every Westy I've owned and I don't have any regrets. I learned lots and I'm still sitting on two complete Type IV engines and a good supply of spare parts just in case another 80-83 Air Cooled Westy comes my way in the below $500.00 range. I saw one last week but somebody had camouflage painted it and really did an ugly number on it. It was only $200.00 but butt ugly and not running.

Stan Wilder Engine Ceramics 214-352-4931 www.engineceramics.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "jbange" <hfinn@INGRATES.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 1:54 PM Subject: Wilder's Law