Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:55:09 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: kitchen 12 volt question
Comments: To: jimt <camper@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>

I bought a $12.95 submersible bilge pump from Wal mart. It's lasted ten years and just drops into the tank and hangs there on the wires and hose just like the FuFu special vanagon/westy pump. It puts out plenty of water and has never failed.

Stan Wilder Engine Ceramics 214-352-4931 www.engineceramics.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "jimt" <camper@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 12:30 PM Subject: Re: kitchen 12 volt question

On 3/11/05 6:55, "Mark Cumnock" <kayakwesty@YAHOO.COM> wrote:

> it is an 84 westy with the blue pump, it does have water coming out, but > not strong > > Blue pump sounds like the orginal pump. Check around the RV world and you will find 10 year old pumps are on the unusual side. If the pump is pumping but does not get all the way up to the top then the pump is probably dead. Most of those small pumps are supposed to do about 1 gal per minute at a 24 or 36 inch head. (however I have found that .6 to.75 gallon at sink height to be more realistic) ........................................ jimt Planned insanity is best. Remember that sanity is optional. http://www.tactical-bus.info (tech info) http://www.westydriver.com

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.7.1 - Release Date: 3/9/2005