Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:01:10 -0700
From:         Anonymous Digest <jbrush@AROS.NET>
Subject:      Re: I miss you! and Burning Man
Comments: To: Joy Hecht <jhecht@ALUM.MIT.EDU>

In <7253052.1110577089456.JavaMail.gbourne@brunch.mit.edu>, on 03/11/05 at 04:38 PM, Joy Hecht <jhecht@ALUM.MIT.EDU> said:

>When I get back (around May 10, I think), I'm hoping to head west >quickly, get to Yellowstone before Memorial Day (everyone has told me >that's essential - not to go there after Memorial Day, I mean)

Hi Joy,

It sounds like everything is going well for you, other than having Matilda, and I am glad to hear that. My heart always leaps at this time of year when anyone mentions Yellowstone. I visit often, and cannot wait till opening day in early April. Yes, but all means, go there before Memorial Day, but OTOH, even over that holiday, it is not very crowded, and the weather is usually fantastic. I usually get there two or three times right up until Memorial Day Weekend. Its not until the end of June that crowds get to be a burden. Even in early June, you can get snowed on really good. Trust me on that one, personally :-)

I hope you get to visit, and I hope you enjoy it. If you see a slightly faded yellow 81 air cooled cruising around, give a shout or a wave, as I doubt there would be two of them there at the same time. <g>

John