Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 12 Mar 2005 22:51:40 -0600
From:         Tom Altman <tom@ALTMANVILLE.COM>
Subject:      Engine swap - I4 - which angle, motor and FI?

OK - I'm wanting to do an engine swap on my '89. I definitely want to use a VW power plant. So please do not throw in the Subbie thoughts. I am very impressed with what the WRX motors can do but I have access to a lot of VW parts and they are much more familiar to me and my dad who will be helping me wit the swap.

1. Most likely I will go with the 2.0 engine. They are relatively inexpensive and have a good increase in hp unless you convince me otherwise.

2. What angle? I would like to keep the engine lid stock - so I feel like the 45/50 is the way to go. But so many of the internet information I have found seem to go the 15 or upright way? What is the advantages/disadvantages of these? My other bias towards big angle is I hope to obtain a doka some day and would like to transfer the knowledge to that project.

3. What fuel injection? This is where I am most confused and am looking for the most help.

Thanks for any information. Tom