Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Mar 2005 01:04:51 -0500
From:         Jonathan Farrugia <jfarrugi@UMICH.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Digijet ignition clarification Q
Comments: To: Damon Campbell <damoncampbellvw@YAHOO.COM>

what are your vacuum readings? the gowesty 2212 i installed with the BIG cam they put in it had similar sounding symptoms. that install used digijet injection also. that engine produced very low vacuum and had idle problems. that engine had to be way over advanced to the 2.1 timing specification because gowesty never tested it with digijet injection but sold it as a direct replacement for the 1.9! lucas from there has since said that it can all be fixed with a new $300 ecu :(. so much for drop in replacement i say. that engine also pinged when it was advanced to the 2.1 settings like they told me to do. a recipe for a short engine life span in my opinion.

jonathan