Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:59:08 -0600
From:         Nuno Carneiro <nuno@CARNEIROFAMILY.NET>
Subject:      FS: 1985 Westy in Nashville, TN

I am going back to school and have to part with Vanessa (Brown 85 Westy) for financial reasons.

I thought I'd try the list before going on eBay. I have also listed her on ePage.com: http://epage.com/js/mi?ad=1753488&c=0

Here is a brief description:

1985 VW Westfalia (Vanessa) w/ a recently rebuilt engine (15k miles ago). Total miles on van: 204,500 miles.

I am the third owner of this van, which has always been well taken care of. I am going back to school this Summer and it breaks my heart that I will have to part with Vanessa. Not only do I need some money to help with tuition/expenses, but I cannot afford to insure an extra car for the next 2 years.

Tires are in great condition (about 10,000 miles on them) and so is the engine and the rest of the van. I bought it last Summer and drove 3,000 miles on my first trip with no issues what-so-ever (averaged 18 mpg). I had the van tuned upon arrival in TN ($1,500 in new gaskets and labor) and it has run great for the close to 10,000 miles I have owned her.

The interior is 8 out of 10. No Tears, No Rips. I have many pictures available upon request.

The van was originally in PA so there is some seem rust, but nothing major... normal wear for a 20 year old vehicle. I would rate the overall exterior condition as a 7 or 8 out of 10.

Additions to the van: original round headlights were replaced with four square headlights (as in newer models). The van has Alloy wheels, a $1,600 value alone (gowesty.com). It also has a Fiamma Bike Rack that I bought new last Fall (fits 2 bikes, $250 value).

If interested, please call Nuno at (615) 653-1323 or e-mail any additional picture requests to nuno@carneirofamily.net

I am asking $6,000 OBO which is considerably less than what Vanessa is worth. If I could keep her, I would. Just hope she goes to a good family that will take good care of her.