Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Mar 2005 12:16:29 EST
From:         JordanVw@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: '86 full Westy for sale...$2000...
Comments: To: rrecardo@WEBTV.NET

In a message dated 3/9/05 7:22:01 AM Eastern Standard Time, rrecardo@WEBTV.NET writes:

> <<Sheesh! I've been driving a Vanagon for 5 years and have never found > one of these allegations to be true! > In fact, this has been the most reliable, economical and environmentally > conscious vehicle I have ever owned. > -- Gnarlie>> > > You have to get out of Emerald City and discover reality. > > The poppies on the way in are clouding your thought process Gnarlie. > > While I found the disclaimer a bit curse, it most certainly isn't far > off, here in the real world. >

you have to put things in perspective. i also own a '89 ford van E-250 351W gas hog. the only reason i own this van is to: -haul crap in (lots more room than in a vanagon) -tow stuff with (tow vanagons, boats, trailers, etc)

thats the only reason i own it.

i also own 12 vanagons.. 4 of which are runners, the other 8 are for parts. i have an 89 vanagon carat as well. i have put alot of money into this 89 carat, as well as my 89 ford van. ive definately put more money into my carat than my ford van, but my carat needed heads when i got it, so that was the majority of the money right there.

which is more reliable? the 89 carat or the 89 ford van? theyre both 16 years old. i wouldnt consider one more reliable than the other.. i do know that if i broke down in my ford in Bumblef*ck Tenessee, i would be able to have the repair done quicker and more cheaply (on the average) than if i'd have broken down in the vanagon.. but that can be said with any foriegn car. and you all know this..

as far as gas mileage..the ford van SUCKS.. the vanagon sucks as well (yes, you know this!) but not as much as the ford. when i want good gas mileage i drive my vw cabriolet :<)

basically, it all boils down to how well you maintain your vehicle. a poorly maintained vehicle will not be reliable.

but we all know this already, so why are we even talking about it? LOL

chris