Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:20:19 -0500
From:         Bill Witz <pbwitz@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: trip report and photos--Utah desert

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:02:17 -0700, Richard A Jones <jones@COLORADO.EDU> wrote:

>A week ago I went over to explore some of the least >visited places in SE Utah--San Rafael Desert and >the Robbers Roost area. Almost perfect weather-- >at least mid-60s in the days and nights in the >upper 30s and low 40s. > >The amazing thing was how clear the air was--reminded >me of 40+ years ago. The last night was windy, with >the weather changing, and in the morning it was back >to "normal"--and the contrast really brought home >how clear it had been for four days. > >Angel Point is probably visited every few weeks. At >the camp overlooking the Green River, I'd bet someone >shows up 3-4 times a year! Guess I'm crazy to head >off to places like that in my 18-year-old Syncro >Westy alone. Well, I had my dog this time. I usually >bring my bike as my emergency vehicle, but didn't since >I had the dog. She is still limited in exercising as >she is recovering from TPLO knee surgery on December 1st. > >But in 41 years of exploring the west in five VW buses >('61, '67, '76, '81, '87) I've never been stranded. > >If you like remote country, check: >http://jones.colorado.edu/jones/Utah05 > > Richard A Jones > Boulder, Colorado

Wow thanks for the road trip photos. Very nice, is any one going to Death Valley next Week? We will be head out down 395 to take our 20+ year old Westy out for a while. See what that Tiico will do over the Sierria and down the road. Will take some pictures and hope to put them up for all.

Bill Witz 84 Westy, Ol' Paint