Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 Mar 2005 23:02:29 +1200
From:         Andrew Grebneff <andrew.grebneff@STONEBOW.OTAGO.AC.NZ>
Subject:      Re: Neat Stuff MVC (Mucho Vanagon Content)

>That's agreat site. I have been trying to get someone to import that >"Tankdeckel" that locks for me, for two years. Anyone have any idea who >might do this?

Buy one from Jens Hansen in germany. I have one on the way now.

<Jens.Hansen@Hansen-Motorsport.de>

Our little discussion about these:

>actually i was talking about the AERO400 fillercap.

OK. The website shows a key in the Zero400, but the Aero400 looks like it has a flip-out finger latch.

>Well the weld-in adaptor has to be welded into the body panel. Correct.

As my van's paint is original and only needs a shine-up, I think the bolt-in adaptor is the one.

>For our adaptor you don't have to drill holes into the panel. Our >adaptor slips into the opening and is held by another ring that holds >the the outer ring. The filler slips into the outer ring and is screwed >to that. So, no modification has to be made to the body. >But you will have to modify the filler tube, that leads to the tank. >This tube has to be shortend a bit, because the filler neck and the SAMCO knee is a little bit longer than the originel filler.

>we offer the Newton fillercaps that are used on several helicopters, >small aircrafts, racingcars (e.g. DTM), and on some Ferraries and >Lamborghinis and other super sports cars. >For these fillercaps we have 2 different mounting solution: > >1: a "weld in" adaptor >2: an adaptor ring that allows the mounting at the car without modifiing >the chassis. > >To mount the fillercap to the filler tube of the T3 it is neccesary to >use a rubber filler neck. these are connected with a samco knee. Some >modifications have to be made to the filler tube to fit the hole system. > >It Replaces the entire filler opening. > >Prices are: >Filler Cap with lock 75,00 Euro >Filler neck, rubber 27,00 Euro >SAMCO 45° knee 25,00 Euro > >Adaptor ring, "weld in" 22,00 Euro >Adaptor ring, without welding 45,00 Euro

Prices as at 13-10-04. -- Andrew Grebneff Dunedin New Zealand Fossil preparator <andrew.grebneff@stonebow.otago.ac.nz> Seashell, Macintosh, VW/Toyota van nut

HUMANITY: THE ULTIMATE VON NEUMANN MACHINE

DEMOCRACY: RULE BY THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR