Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:47:10 -0800
From:         Leon <korkwood@WSHOST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Best 4 spd Syncro starter replace solution?

Well said. Vanagon wiring was pathetic to start with.How many have heater fan switch permanently in position 3? Ground screws had only threads to contact body.Noticed as soon as i bought my first Vanagon. Rust almost "disconnected" grounds. Dremel tool fixed it quickly and much larger area and higher pressure made much better ground connection.In fact i got 2 ground straps in back. That spade terminal barely holding mating part on starter doesn't help either. Some squeezing helps.Wish there was stud instead. I am happy no longer having wasserboxer' pathetic looking engine wiring With Subaru engine it looks and functions like modern vehicle Leon 86 SyncroSubTransporter...soon

-- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/