Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Mar 2005 06:17:16 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Wheel Offsets
Comments: To: Brent Weide's Yahoo Account <brent_weide@YAHOO.COM>

Wow, What an unsafe combination. Most tires in that size will have only an 86 or 89 load index rating. The 86 is only rated at 1279 pounds. Take off 10% and that leaves 1,151. You really need to get to a 96 or higher LI. Probably, the largest concern is what will happen if you hit a pot hole or something. There is not enough air cushion in that combination to handle any impacts.

Dennis