Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:33:27 -0600
From:         Michael Knight <vwdormer@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: audi wheels on vanagon,
              was Re: Call for .Actual Vehicle Weight info / al...
Comments: To: JordanVw@AOL.COM

>From: JordanVw@AOL.COM

>greg has a point that you all are blind to. audi quattros are rally and >track proven.. watch speedvision and you can see some of the abuse these >cars are >put thru.. weather on the racetrack or on a dirt rally course like the >pikes >peak challenge etc.. >speeds of 150mph+ on the track for some of these audis, and you see them >running with stock rims.. the forces and abuse given to the audi wheels >is alot >more than you put on your van during an average daily drive. will you bend >an >audi wheel if you beat on it enough? sure. will you bend a SA vanagon >wheel >is you beat on it enough? sure.

>anyway this really is a silly discussion. the audi wheels are plenty safe >to >use on a vanagon. lots of people use them.. they are an affortable >alternative for those who dont have $800 to spend on SA alloys or whatever. > those who >want to use them, will use them. those who dont want to use them, wont. >but i do think the people who havent actually tried them on their van and >dont know from personal experience should'nt knock it before theyve tried >it.

>and no, im not trying to sell some wheels here..

>just trying to keep people open to different wheel options, not just >hearing >"Audi wheels are bad..dont use them" which is just biased and not true.

I concur with Chris and Greg here. So to aleviate any safety issues with any of you that are changing your mind and do not feel safe with the Audi wheels, then I am here to help. I will accept all of the discarded Audi wheels free of charge. Just pack them up and send them to me. I will make sure they are taken care of properly, weather disposed or displayed. But either way you can rest and feel safer about not having the Audi wheels in your possesion any longer. Pmail me if you need the shipping address.

Michael Knight '77 Westy Deluxe, "el Verde" '85 Vanagon GL, nameless http://photos.yahoo.com/electrictrain@sbcglobal.net