Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Mar 2005 22:20:01 -0600
From:         Jonathan Poole <jfpoolio@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Southern Missouri Vanagon on way to scrapper

On my Colorado to NC journey I passed through southern Missouri southbound on I55 and spotted a few vanagons. One is a nice looking (from a bit of a distance) air-cooled westy. When I tracked the owner down he informed me that he had just completed the sale of the property and all of the cars (one hundred or so misc. vehicles). I had to make tracks and couldn't investigate further but it looked like the westy has been sitting a bit, and it sounds like it is heading to a scrapper or crusher. If anyone in the area has the time I think it would be worth looking into. I doubt if someone buying a field full of cars will place too high of a value on any one of them. The Westy can be seen west of I-55 a hundred or so yards off of the road 5 or so miles north of the 155 intersection. The guy that just sold the vehicles can be found at the gas station with the subway in it (JB's I think)...

E-mail me if you have any questions... I left my number with him and encouraged him to pass it on to the new owners (he didn't have their information with him)..

Later, Jonathan Poole