Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 Mar 2005 07:53:25 -0500
From:         Pascal Giasson <pascal.giasson@GNB.CA>
Subject:      Re: 2 weeks enough to cross country - w/kids?
Comments: To: John Reynolds <kayakjr@JUNO.COM>

We did this two years ago but not as far. We drove from New Brunswick (Canada) to Virginia, a 16+ hour drive. We rented a car one way so we did not have to drive two vehicles back home. Our two kids were 8 and 10 at the time and when we picked up our westy we stayed a couple of night to recover form the long trip down and then headed home. We took the "scenic route" home and drove about 4-6 hours a day for six days. This was about all they could handle at the time (my wife included). We had a great adventure and they still talk about the trip and the things we saw and did (as do I). We spent two weeks in Newfoundland this past summer and 4-5 hours seemed to be about the most we could drive and enjoy ourselves. p.s. If you don't have a Bently manual, get one and bring it along with basic tools and don't forget the duct tape! We are driving across Canada this summer and I cant wait for that adventure!

Pascal '84 Westy