Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:09:50 -0800
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Westy middle seat mounting question(s)
Comments: To: Jim Felder <felder@knology.net>

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:17:07 -0600, Jim Felder <felder@knology.net> wrote: > Kim, Chris, Tim and and others who responded > > Thanks for the info. But I have a few questions... > > Maybe there are different setups, but on mine it seems that it will be > necessary to cut the metal edge inside the door to allow the ends of > the recessed track to be exposed, thus allowing the seat to be engaged > with these tracks and slid in, stopping when the track runs out. > > I also have two metal end caps to cover the rails at the end near the > door. > > Did you cut your metal edging, or does yours require something other > than end-loading the seat into the rails? > > I can send pictures if I need to. > > Thanks, > > Jim >

Jim,

The best way to get the right advise is to first identify the victim... errr.. the year of your Westy. The earlier Westies already came with the channel cut and ready for rails. You may have one of these based in your latest statement.

The later model Westies have a one piece plywood deck which basically covers everything. The earlier models came with a deck that is cut where the tracks go. As Tim described earlier, there are metal covers (usually beige in color) which come in pieces. Once you unscrew them, tracks can be installed in the space.

The operation these guys are describing is done on later model vans w/o the optional channel.

Pmail a PIC of your Westy floor to one of us for proper identification.

BenT