Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 30 Mar 2005 01:58:13 -0600
From:         Al and Sue Brase <albeeee@MCHSI.COM>
Subject:      Diesel engine life
Comments: To: Diesel-Vanagon@yahoogroups.com

Many years ago, perhaps 1998 when I first discovered the internet, I had some email correspondence with a British national living in the US who had a RHD diesel Vanagon. I was trying to buy it, but he wasn't too interested. The thing had tons of miles on it, like 5-600k miles. On 3 engines! He'd driven it clear to South america and back. He told me about driving up some great mountain in Peru -Macchu Picchu perhaps. something like 7 hour climb in 2nd gear. I could be a little foggy on the exact details, but I remember the feeling. Seemed like an incredible climb, but breathtaking in more ways than one. He said that as the engine was wearing out, the fuel mileage would begin to fall. I sure wish I could find the hard drive on which I saved those conversations! Does anyone possibly know who this might be? I can't remember where he was, exactly.