Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:28:02 -0500
From:         Robert Campbell <vanagon-rcampbell@USA.NET>
Subject:      re-Chrome your emblems

Volks,

OK, I have found a source for adding a great deal of luster to our fading

Vanagon, GL, Carat, Syncro, etc. emblems on our aging Vans.

First, education: You CANNOT chrome plastic -- will not work. But you can do something called Vacuum Metallizing to plastic which will put a later of metal on the plastic -- in this case a nice shiny coating! Thus the ENTIRE emblem will be "chromed". Now, this violates the OEM style of the emblems, but I think this will look OH SO NICE!

Here is the response I got from the folks at www.chromeservices.com -- I have another one I'm waiting on and will let you know the cost. But for $65 (and 2-3 weeks) you can get your current emblems looking very pretty. I'll let you know if I do it (first I need to get my rear hatch panel open... grrrrrr)!

Please note that I told them that there may be many (like a 100 or so) people interested in this (I didn't say where or who), but as you can see if we were to do a group thing, the cost would come down. ------------------------------------------------------ OUR MIN CHARGE IS $65 SO THAT WOULD COVER THE PARTS AND RETURN SHIPPING, HOWEVER IF YOU GAVE US ALL 100 PCS IT MIGHT BE $15-20 EA?

Thank you for choosing Chrome Services.com... our shipping adress is

CHROME SERVICES 951 N parker Orange CA. 92867 "please call before coming down"

PLEASE PRINT AND INCLUDE THIS QUOTE....

ALL PRICES QUOTED DO NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING/HANDLING OR DELIVERY your job will take 2-3 weeks ESTIMATED

Metal div # 949-254-4455 Plastic Div# 949-254-4889

50% deposit is required upon receiving parts Visa M/C. Discover and AMX accepted. CERT funds, money orders and CASH.

warrantys are as follows: Metal parts "steel" 1 year Aluminum parts "salt damage voids warranty" 1 year Die Cast parts "New" 1 year, - Used or "Vintage" restoration 6 months... we can not guarntee against pits! All Plastic parts regardless 90 days... no exceptions